Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4-5-11 - "Kylie" ~ William Fitzsimmons

Saw an awesome show tonight, William Fitzsimmons with Slow Runner at Brillobox (a sweet little venue in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh).  Billy Fitz is from the area, so this was a bit of a homecoming show for him... he made a few jokes about kicking his parents out... all in fun, of course.

It was a late show, and I'm super tired, so I was going to just post Song of the Sparrow (the first of his songs that I heard, and possibly still my favorite), but then I remembered I already did.  So, here's another good 'un.  It's actually a bit of a departure from the majority of his work, as this one features a bit of reverb and some looping, but it's just as beautiful as some of his less produced work, and just as meaningful...



"Her body was found on a Sunday
Her spirit found rest, her heartbeat unturned"

No comments:

Post a Comment