Sunday, April 3, 2011

4-3-11 - "C.S. Lewis Song" ~ Brooke Fraser

I'd heard of Brooke Fraser before, but never really heard her music until something my brother said today got me to look it up.  She's got some talent, that's for sure.  This song hit me hardest - C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors, and was one of the great thinkers of the 20th century.  I kind of wish Fraser had come up with a better name for the song, but other than that, it's gold.  The first verse is almost a verbatim Lewis quote, and it sets up the entire song's existential pondering.  If you listen and think, maybe you'll have an epiphany... or maybe you'll just dig the music.




"Am I lost, or just less found,
on the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
is this a soul that stirs in me?
is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?

'cause my comfort would prefer for me to be numb,
and avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become..."

No comments:

Post a Comment