Monday, April 11, 2011

4-11-11 - "I'm Gonna Hate You When You Go" ~ Slow Runner

So these guys opened for (and backed up) William Fitzsimmons at the show I saw last week.  I hadn't heard them ahead of the show, but they were pretty cool.  This one is my favorite... it's kind of trance-y and chillaxed, and you can feel the turmoil in the singer's words as he contemplates the beauty and frailty of love, and his mind jumps ahead to what he feels is the inevitable departure of his lover... insecurity can destroy many a good thing in life, and it seems that may be the downfall of this relationship... anyway, it's kinda cool, check it out:


 "I'm Gonna Hate You When You Go" (grooveshark)


"I'll burn your pictures,
I'll build an altar
to the careless gods who let such things unfold;
that's miles from you and me,
I love you fiercely,
I lie beside you fragile and exposed,
so I'm gonna hate you when you go..."



PS - the band's bio is pretty funny; check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment