Sunday, April 17, 2011

4-16-11 - "Roll Away Your Stone" ~ Mumford & Sons

Just watched live streaming of Mumford & Sons at Coachella music festival with my housemates, and it was an electrifying performance.  They'll be at Bonnaroo in June - keep your eye out for a live stream of their set from that festival as well, because it will blow you away.  I hope to be out on my deck, sitting around a fire and listening to the set...  These guys are just great musicians, and Marcus Mumford's lyrics blow me away.  I could go a couple months doing just M&S and Avett Brothers songs, and I wouldn't run out of awesome songs... but I'll try to keep diversifying.


This one combines Biblical and Shakespearean elements, and just blows me away with the weight of the lyrics and the hope that breaks through...




"It seems that all my bridges have been burned,
but you say that’s exactly how this grace thing works;
it’s not the long walk home that will change this heart,
but the welcome I receive with the restart...



Stars hide your fires,
these here are my desires,
and I won't give them up to you this time around..."

No comments:

Post a Comment