Saturday, April 23, 2011

4-22-11 - "My Body" ~ A Love Like Pi

Here's a kinda weird but pretty cool song.  It starts out very minimal, with vocal harmonies (yea, they're synthy/autotuned, but it works for their style), and gradually adds in a beat, until the breakdown of the bridge when it picks up and starts to go a little crazy with some electronic stuff.  I don't quite know why, but I love this song.  A few kinda cool lyrics, and just something about the groove and the way it builds, I guess.


Plus, all my nerds out there gotta love the band name, no?


(yes, there's about 30 seconds of silence at the beginning.  I think because it was the closing track on the album, almost like a hidden track... just be patient, or skip it.)


"I can barely wait to see your face
crack its weary mouth and let the words float into space
I have learned the Mississippi's pain
every path I take ends up the same..."

No comments:

Post a Comment