Sunday, April 24, 2011

4-24-11 - "Someone Else's Arms" ~ MAE

Thanks to an encouraging post by my good buddy Jake regarding the power of music when we give it our full attention, I decided to make the most of the drive back into Pittsburgh from visiting my family today.  Jake recommended listening to a favorite album straight through, with no distractions, so I cranked "The Everglow" by MAE in the car on the way home.  The album was a staple of my college years, and although I don't give it quite as many spins these past few years, it remains in my top ten for sure.


The album as a whole has a theme and a story - it's actually packaged like a childrens' read-along book that came with a cassette tape, like you may have had if you grew up in the '80s and early '90s like me.  I highly recommend getting the album and reading along with it, partially for nostalgia's sake, and partially to absorb some of the deep lyrics on certain tracks.  This track is near the beginning of the album, and helps set the stage for the later songs, but holds up well on its own too.




"more than words, you keep to yourself
like a curse that fares thee well
one man came
one truth to tell
all this blame
hammers your way to hell..."

No comments:

Post a Comment