Sunday, July 10, 2011

7-9-11 - "Oh, Will You Finally Go?" ~ Meeting Of Important People

Tonight was a pretty swell night.  DrawUsLines held their first birthday party at brillobox, and Big Hurry, The Slow Reel, and Meeting Of Important People were there to help them celebrate.  We'll talk later about the other two acts, but for now, here's a track I'm really digging from MOIP.  They played it at the Three Rivers Arts Festival last month, and tonight they said it will never be recorded, save for their Echo Chamber version they did with DrawUsLines.  So if you like it, you'll have to track down the CD full of Echo Chamber tracks - it's pretty flippin' sweet.


This one's acoustic nature makes it a bit more laid back than a lot of MOIP's tracks, but it's a pretty swell song.  I love the harmony and the lyrics, and of course everyone loves a whistle breakdown and a shaker lemon.  




EDIT (3-2-12): Here's a solo performance by Josh from a recent gig at AIR:



"oh, will you finally go?
will you finally reap,
what you finally sow?"

2 comments:

  1. Matt - thanks for coming to the show last night. I don't think I met you, but I appreciate you posting the song here. The acoustic MOIP stuff is so good, I'm really glad they played both of these tunes last night.

    You can check out the full CD right here http://drawuslines.bandcamp.com/album/the-echo-chamber-recordings

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jim. No, I didn't get a chance to talk to you guys, but I guess you've met my housemate Jake (who wasn't in town this weekend, but helped with the Turning Violet Violet Echo Chamber).

    Definitely enjoyed MOIP's energy, and Big Hurry's acoustic stuff was sweet as well. First time I've seen The Slow Reel; going to have to give them some spins on bandcamp.

    I picked up the CD last night, and it's pretty sweet. Maybe we'll run into each other at another show soon!

    ReplyDelete