Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7-12-11 - "Need You Now" ~ Cut Copy

So on a whim, I decided to check out a band I'd never heard of because I saw they were playing a show in Pittsburgh last night.  I didn't go, but I did look them up, and this track is just an earworm.  I have probably listened to it (or one of several remixes on soundcloud*) about 50 times in the past day or two.  It's a trance-y, catchy tune that pretty much expresses desire for a lover.


Cut Copy hails from Melbourne, which is a pretty sweet place from what I've heard.  Definitely on my list of places to go someday.


The video is pretty ridiculous.  Check it out; let me know what you think:




"There's a beauty in the waking eye,
there's a memory in the waking eye,

But it's never gonna reach you..."


* - by the way, has anyone heard of / used SoundCloud?  I hadn't before this, and I'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems promising for getting music out there, just like BandCamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment