Saturday, July 30, 2011

7-29-11 - "Save Your Breath" ~ Big Hurry

Any day you have a chance to move a sofa with a pull-out mattress down a fire escape AND see Big Hurry in concert has to go down as one of the better days it is possible to have on this earth.  Turns out the other two bands were legit tonight, too (The Long Time Darlings and The Harlan Twins - we'll likely talk about each of them some time soon).  BH brought the energy tonight to a packed and sweaty house at Brillobox, and it was good to see their full electric set after they hit an acoustic home run a few weeks ago at the Draw Us Lines birthday bash.


(photo from the acoustic set 7-9-11)


I got to talk to a few of the band members, and they're pretty swell folks.  Additional evidence can be found here (a hilarious interview after a recent show they played in NYC).  I gotta say, I'm disappointed they weren't able to resurrect "Found Out" for me after I asked them about it at the last show, but I'm holding out hope that it will resurface at a future show.


It's hard to pick just one song to highlight when you love them all, but I'm going with Save Your Breath tonight.  


"Save Your Breath" (bandcamp)


Acoustic "Echo Chamber" version, courtesy of Draw Us Lines (you gotta love the way Dani does percussion for their acoustic stuff; I know my drummer friend Jake does!):




oh hey look a remix too: "Save Your Breath / Left of the Dial mix" (bandcamp)


three for one tonight, don't you feel special?


"we depicted awful scenes in bright red chalk..."

No comments:

Post a Comment