Saturday, July 9, 2011

7-8-11 - "When We Were Young" ~ Turning violet Violet

I've been waiting almost two months for this.  DrawUsLines finally posted the Echo Chamber session of Turning violet Violet.  I fell in love with this band after hearing their acoustic versions of this song and Pink Sky on a Saturday afternoon back in May, and seeing their full set at Brillobox that evening.  Well, honestly, I was pretty much sold as soon as Jake told me the band's name - I love me a good Roald Dahl reference!




This song had better be on TvV's upcoming album, because it blows me away every time I listen.  This acoustic version features accordion and viola (NOT a violin, don't let Sarah P catch you calling it a violin), and drops some heavy lyrics, the meaning of which which I won't presume to interpret for you.


Click to watch on Vimeo, since blogger won't let me embed the vid here:


"When We Were Young" (acoustic Echo Chamber session)



"and well-dressed men remember the score
as we roll through the floor
my bed made of leaves, an old shot rings out..."




Be sure to check out their Bandcamp and blog; you can download a free track or three if you ask nicely!  You can also hear a few other tunes on myspace, like their facebook page, and follow them on twitter, if you're into that sort of thing.  Ain't the internets great?


(sorry if that many links seems like overkill, but hey, they're a sweet band and I really think you should check them out!  Just tryin to give you options.)

No comments:

Post a Comment