Sunday, May 15, 2011

5-14-11 - "Pink Sky" ~ Turning violet Violet

I had the privilege of hearing both the acoustic stylings of TURNING vIOLET VIOLET this afternoon and their full set at brillobox this evening.  My good buddy Jake knows the drummer, Brandon, which led to the opportunity to hear the acoustic stuff as they practiced for an Echo Chamber session (keep your eyes peeled for that on drawuslines in the coming days).

The band is tons of fun, melding the creative talents of musicians with differing backgrounds (from classical to metal) into a synthesis of innovative rhythms, intriguing instruments, and illustrious harmonies.  Maybe I just overdosed on the adjectives, but once I got started on that sentence, I just wanted to see how many fun words I could cram in.  But enough about my loquacious tendencies, this band is one you should check out.  Here's a sweet track they played both acoustic and full-on today:


"my mind is all i have left,
my mind is all i have left,
my mind is all i have left..."


(brillo pic)
__________________________


EDIT 7-8-11: the Echo Chamber session is finally posted!  Check out the acoustic version of Pink Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment