Sunday, June 12, 2011

6-12-11 - "Lover Of The Light" ~ Mumford & Sons

You know how a lot of times an athlete will have a great rookie season, but struggles the next year?  You know how sometimes an artist or band puts all their best material on their debut release, and then their second album is kinda 'meh'?  I promise you that Mumford & Sons will not be one of those who have a sophomore slump.  They've been playing a few new songs in concert lately, and they're just as powerful as the songs from "Sigh No More".  The melodies, harmonies, and instrumentation are a beautiful backdrop for heavy-hitting lyrics.


As I mentioned, I watched M&S and Arcade Fire's Bonnaroo performances last night.  I've yet to see either band in person, but I'm looking forward to an opportunity to do so - both bands bring it when they're on stage.  This is one of the new ones M&S are playing, and it's just swell:




"I know I tried, I was not stable
Flawed by pride, I miss my sanguine eyes
So hold my hands up...breathe in, breathe out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment