Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3-29-11 - "Liar" ~ Mumford & Sons

My first post on this blog was Mumford & Sons, and I guess I've been holding off using them again, but it's high time to get another one on here.  This one actually isn't on their album, but it's pretty sweet, in a sour sort of way.  If you've ever had a relationship go wrong, a lover become distant and cold, this song is definitely for you.  If you've been fortunate enough not to have that happen, just think of the deepest emotional trauma you've ever experienced, and listen to the emotions in Marcus Mumford's voice, and just let it wash over you:



"They told me love was a fortress,
and I had never put it to the test;
and all the while I relied on this honesty,
well, in love, we are all amateurs at best;
but please don't cry, you liar..."

No comments:

Post a Comment