Sunday, June 19, 2011

6-19-11 - "Beautiful Things" ~ Gungor

So my friend Jake's friend Scott posted this song a while ago on his song of the day blog*, and I checked it out and was impressed.  I didn't want to just go post it myself right away though, because that just seemed like copying.  But I heard Jake and a couple other friends** play the song today and it just hit me, so now you're getting it tonight. 


* - wait, you mean I'm not the only person in the world doing this?
** - friendly post tonight, eh?



Harmonies and instrumentation.  This song has them.  I like those things.  Self-described as "liturgical post-rock", Gungor's sound is rich and full.  The way the song builds just resonates, and the breakdown with the glockenspiel is great.


Live version:


Album version:


"All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come out from this ground, at all?"

No comments:

Post a Comment