Monday, June 6, 2011

6-6-11 - "Rattling Locks" ~ Josh Ritter

So, one of the highlights of last night's *free* Josh Ritter show was when the openers, The David Wax Museum, came out to join Josh and his band for Rattling Locks.  They brought a fun percussion section to an already driving song, and then Ritter & his band went straight into "Harrisburg", complete with a story about their journey from Philly to Pittsburgh earlier in the day.  I wish I'd have had the camera rolling for these two, but alas, I failed to do so.  I'm hoping someone else will post a vid with both songs, but for now, here's "Rattling Locks":


Live at Hartwood Acres 6-5-11 (sorry, it cuts off before the end, but you'll see the fun way they did it, with the percussion and the bass player going nuts...):


Album version:




"I had a dream where I was dyin',
but it wasn't no nightmare ~
I was peaceful as I fell;
and if I was fallin' into heaven,
heaven must be hotter than the Bible tells..."

No comments:

Post a Comment