Monday, June 13, 2011

6-13-11 - "We Tigers" ~ Animal Collective

So I listened to this after my buddy and his wife mentioned it on facebook (she was saying how weird he is for listening to stuff like this first thing in the morning after waking up...)  This one's a little different.  But I am really digging it, even though I'm not really sure what's going on.  It's got a cool driving beat, and some chanting and whooping and whatnot, and fairly unintelligible lyrics.  But the vocals are spectacular, in some strange way.


I give up on trying to describe it; give it a shot and tell me what you think.




"i've felt worse but i feel the curse of knowing what i shouldn't be
don't know where we'll go but let's walk around and pretend to own houses we see.."

(disclaimer: according to the band's website, these lyrics are from the song, but since my untrained ear can only discern about 4 words throughout, I cannot verify.  but I like the line.  and maybe a few dozen more listens will help me start to understand what they're saying...)

No comments:

Post a Comment