Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6-8-11 - "Elephant Gun" ~ Beirut

Thanks to the miracle of technology (read: facebook), I just heard this song and this band for the first time, and I can't stop listening.  My friends in Bright Black Bright (more on them another day) posted the song.  It's a beautiful track with a bit of a circus-y feel (and not just because of the Elephants in the title - something about the 3/4 time, the accordion, and the trumpet).  Kinda a wistful, whimsical mood - you're not sure whether to be happy or sad.  The lyrics are a bit of a puzzle, but seem to deal with regretting missed opportunities in life, yearning for adventure (hunting the big game with the proverbial elephant gun), or possibly it's a metaphor for a war (or several wars...)


(Wow, could I get any more parenthetical?)


Let me know what you think:




"it rips through the silence, all that is left is all that I hide..."

1 comment:

  1. I just found this too and I absolutely adore it-the song the video everything!!

    ReplyDelete