Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3-16-11 - "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" ~ Sufjan Stevens

My good friends played this tonight at Cornerstone, and it's a great song, so here it is, for your listening pleasure.  Sufjan takes a classic hymn and puts a contemporary, folksy spin on it, while infusing it with his emotive vocals.  Stevens is probably an enigma in the eyes of many with faith, as some of his other songs aren't necessarily "Christian", and he even *gasp* swears in some of them!  I find his lyrics to be a journey of discovery, of questioning, and seeking truth.  I won't get too deep into that right now, but would love to discuss it further with anyone else who finds it intriguing.


Anyway, on to the song:





"Here I raise my Ebenezer
hither by Thy help I've come
and I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment