Thursday, March 17, 2011

3-17-11 - "Run" ~ Snow Patrol

I was going to do some kind of traditional Irish music today, but decided to go a slightly different direction - an Irish band.  Well, sort of... Snow Patrol's members may hail from Ireland originally, but the band's home base is in Scotland... anyway, they're pretty sweet and I probably should have had them on the site a lot sooner than now.


Run is probably my favorite of their songs, although they have quite a few that I like a lot.  This one is fairly straightforward musically, and the minor chords in the verses go perfectly with the emotions expressed in the lyrics.  The sparse and haunting strings accent the mood, and Gary Lightbody & co. bring it up for the choruses with a hopeful call to the lover, to seize that love and let it burn brightly, no matter the cost.


(apologies for the cheesy lyric video; it's the only way to get the full song)


"Light up, light up,
as if you have a choice,
even if you cannot hear my voice,
I'll be right beside you, dear..."

No comments:

Post a Comment