Saturday, March 26, 2011

3-25-11 - "Traveling Alone" ~ Sherwood

Sherwood is a great little pop-rock outfit from California.  They put out catchy tunes, driven by guitar and keys, with some sweet harmonies and a delicious blend of fun and serious lyrics.  If you've been paying attention, you'll notice that each of these elements are common in songs or bands that I like, so it's no surprise that I love Sherwood's music.


If memory serves, this was the first Sherwood song I ever heard.  Or maybe that's romanticizing it, but it's definitely the one that hooked me and reeled me in, and possibly still my favorite of their tracks.  It's upbeat and fun, but does deal with issues of stubbornness, pushing away those who care about you, facing problems without help even when it's offered - "insisting upon traveling alone", if you will.  Pretty sure most of us do that from time to time, and I was doing it at college, which is probably why this song resonated with me back then...


"Traveling Alone" ~ Sherwood


"All of the ways that I have tried to understand
have taken me further from the place that I have been;
and maybe the reason I have strayed so far from home,
is I have insisted upon traveling alone..."


No comments:

Post a Comment