Sunday, March 13, 2011

3-12-11 - "Mexico" ~ Bear Cub

So I didn't make it to their show tonight here in Pittsburgh, but I still listened to a little Bear Cub earlier today while cruising around with my boys.  Jesse Hall followed a girl from his hometown (guess where that was?) to Texas, got his heart broken, and out of that experience came a bunch of good songs.  This one may not have a lot to do with the girl, but it's a fun melody and a cautionary tale of the evils of tequila (at least in excess!)  Actually saw this song reviewed as being a little reminiscent of a Bright Eyes style...


"Mexico" ~ Bear Cub (MySpace)


"...until a man I've never met claims I'm in his seat
and he'll let me keep my life if I buy him a drink
but I don't even blink, I start swingin' fast and clean...


...but then I woke
in a hospital
with a broken nose
in good ol' Mexico
The doctor said, 
'You're lucky you're not dead...'..."

No comments:

Post a Comment