Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8-9-11 - "Treat Me Right" ~ Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

OK, so Hartwood Acres free* summer concerts are pretty flippin' sweet.  Josh Ritter and David Wax Museum were great back in June, and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals brought it this past Sunday.  Here's a video I shot of one of the most rockin' songs I've ever heard played solely on acoustic guitars (x3!)!





(yea, they segued into another song and I just kept filming... a cover of Bill Withers' "Grandma's Hands"... it's all good stuff so roll with it!)



And here are a few photos that hopefully capture some of the energy Grace and the band brought to the show (oh yea, she plays a Flying V AND a Hammond B3 ~ my kind of woman!)









Wow, could I have used any more parenthetical exclamations in this post? (I think not!)


"I'm at the end of a tunnel but there ain't no light..."
_________________________________________________


* - except, of course, for the hassles of driving there, sitting in traffic, and parking... if you go, go EARLY and take a picnic and just enjoy the evening.


PS - sorry for the late post; Youtube took forever to upload my video so I had to go to bed.  But hey, it's still August 9th in Hawaii... or at least somewhere in the Pacific Ocean near the International Date Line... I think... anyway, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment