Thursday, September 15, 2011

9-15-11 - "Truth" ~ Alexander

Last time I posted a song by Alexander, I almost picked this one, but changed my mind and did "Let's Win."  Now I know why, and it's because now I can include the live performance of "Truth" from Conan the other night (see below).  This one's not as upbeat or joyful, but the shambling flow will drag you right in.  



The lyrics are weighty, dealing with the singer's struggle to break free from following the mindless crowds as an unseen force would have him do ("wanna pull me back behind the fence with the cattle").  He has been there, following the hollow "truth" put forth to lure him in, but now he is beginning to see through it.  He is discovering the true truth, and is willing to stand and fight for it, no matter the cost.  It seems the conclusion he comes to is that love is truth...





(live on Conan - a little slower than the album version, but I love that it accentuates the choral harmonies!)


(music video - it's a little creepy and weird, and adds a layer to the song)



"I've seen a million numbered doors on the horizon
Now which is the future you choosen before you gone dying
I'll tell you about a secret I've been undermining
Every little lie in this world comes from dividing..."

"I swear to God I'm only trying to be loving..."

No comments:

Post a Comment