Saturday, May 7, 2011

5-6-11 - "City With No Children" ~ Arcade Fire

Rocked "The Suburbs" on my drive home from the airport tonight.  Epic album.  I think the songs are slightly more powerful as a collective, but most are great when standing alone too.   Spend some time pondering the lyrics on this one, it's incredible stuff, and well worth a few listens with no distractions.  Also a catchy tune, so it works on a lighter level as well...




"You never trust a millionaire
Quoting the sermon on the mount
I used to think I was not like them
But I'm beginning to have my doubts
My doubts about it

When you're hiding underground
The rain can't get you wet
Do you think your righteousness
Can pay the interest on your debt?
I have my doubts about it"

1 comment:

  1. Great pick. Really incredible album. I discover more amazing things every time I listen through.

    ReplyDelete