Thursday, May 5, 2011

5-5-11 - "Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard" ~ Paul Simon

Surely this song isn't about DRUGS, is it?  I mean, come on, some people think EVERY song is about drugs... they're loony.  This song's just about having a friend of Hispanic descent with whom one enjoys a rousing game of hopscotch.  Or perhaps H-O-R-S-E.  Or perhaps they're enjoying 4/20....


It's just a freakin' catchy song.  Maybe it's about weed (that's what I always assumed), but Simon apparently has stated in numerous interviews that he doesn't know what "the mama saw", and it's just a fluff song.  Also, a lot of people apparently think it's about homosexuality, at least according to Songmeanings.net... at any rate, I love the song, and who cares what it's about?





"well I'm on my way
I don't know where I'm going
I'm on my way I'm taking my time
but I done know where..."

No comments:

Post a Comment