Friday, May 13, 2011

5-13-11 - "Oceano" ~ Josh Groban

Josh Groban has one of the best voices I've ever heard.  This song is probably my favorite of his.  If you don't know Italian, you'll have to appreciate it on the musical level, and/or look up a translation of the lyrics, but it's just a cool sounding song, which uses dynamics incredibly well to convey the emotions of the singer.


Live performance on YouTube (skip the chitchat at the beginning), album recording linked via Grooveshark:


"Oceano"




(rough translation; anyone fluent in Italian can feel free to correct it:)



"For the love that I give you
and the love that you do not know
has shipwrecked me
for the love that I have not
and the love that I would like
and for this pain
and this love that i have for you
truly, that guides me through these storms..."



"E' per l'amore che ti do
E' per l'amore che non sai
Che mi fai naufragare
E' per l'amore che non ho
E' per l'amore che vorrei
E' per questo dolore
E' questo amore che ho per te
Che mi fa superare queste vere tempeste..."

No comments:

Post a Comment