Thursday, May 26, 2011

5-26-11 - "The General" ~ Dispatch

You learn something new every day, or so they say.  Today I learned that Dispatch was formed at Middlebury College.  I learned this because I looked them up (yea, never had gotten around to listening to them previously) after I heard one of their songs on my cousin's iPod shuffle whilst driving home to PA from... Middlebury College.  Small world, eh?  My cousin just graduated from Midd, and I was up there for the ceremonies (and to extract her from her dorm room - no small task!)  Anyway, the song is really chill and really sweet, and has a good message...


Not that I'm anti-war, but the concept that often times the wars which are fought in this world are "not worth fighting" certainly has some truth to it.  The world's a messed up place, and most of the battles fought are over land, power, racial hatred, religious hatred, etc... all kinds of things that we wouldn't need to fight over if people weren't so self-centered and had love for their fellow man.  Regardless of how you feel on the subject, the groove of the song is well worth a listen... and you know a song's legit when it has its own Wikipedia entry...




"I have seen the others
and I have discovered
that this fight is not worth fighting, no...
and I see their mothers
and I will no other
to follow me where I'm going..."

No comments:

Post a Comment