Monday, January 3, 2011

1-3-11 - "You're Too Cool" ~ The Zolas

Here's my other newest favorite band from 2010: The Zolas.  Vancouver-based piano pop/rock genius.  First heard this one on 100.5 "The Peak" on my way into B.C. for the first time, and it's so insanely catchy I couldn't wait to check out the rest of their stuff.  My favorite of about two dozen great new songs and artists I found in just a few short days listening to that station.  These guys are definitely indie and not well-known, but I aim to change that.  The entire album is just plain fun, with a few poignant moments thrown in for your soul's sake.  


This song serves as a reminder that there's more to life than The Next Big Thing that the fashion/entertainment/whatever industries are pushing.  "Cool" is great, but our true passions should lie deeper than the superficiality of the scene.  Don't be taken in.




UPDATE (10-26-11) Just stumbled across a sick stripped down version of the song:




"On the road I dream of home and when at home I dream of action,
our apartments are all haunted by the ghost of satisfaction;
'cause we all want something that's bigger than fashion,
so spill out your heart brother, show me your passion.."



No comments:

Post a Comment