Thursday, January 27, 2011

1-27-11 "Come To Me" ~ The Elms

The Elms are one of my favorite bands of all time, and you've probably never heard of them.  They never quite made the big time, but it wasn't for lack of talent.  Americana rock'n'roll at its finest, these boys from Indiana caught my ear back in 2001 with "Goodnight, Rosa" and I was hooked.  The band played twice at my college (the second time for free!) and rocked the house both times.  I caught them about a year ago at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pittsburgh, and had a chance to talk to the guys after the show; they were down to earth and quite willing to chat.


Unfortunately, they decided to call it quits and pursue other endeavors, and played their last show in July 2010. But all four of their albums (plus the EP) are solid, and well worth a listen, and will remain near to my heart for years to come.


Here's one about the joys of reuniting with your lover:


"Come To Me" ~ The Elms


"Don't I sit up at night, just waitin' on a song to sing?
And when you finally call me, I wanna give you all of my everything.
It's a beautiful thing when you speak to me.
A beautiful thing when you speak to me.
It's the thrill of your sound, it puts me on the ground.
Well, I'm gone. But I'll be home soon.
It's a beautiful thing when you come to me.

Don't I think about you daytime, when the stars are gone?
I think about you evenings, when I'm singin' my songs.
It's a beautiful thing when you come to me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment