Monday, January 17, 2011

1-17-11 - "Too Much" ~ Sufjan Stevens

I'm a latecomer to the Sufjan fanbase, and I'm not sure why.  Just never got around to listening to his stuff, I guess.  But I absolutely love his new album, and it's inspired me to start delving into the older works in his catalogue.  The album is trippy and a departure of sorts from some of his more mellow songs, but it works for me.  


The first time I heard "Too Much" was a live performance on Jimmy Fallon's late night show (hint: look down for special bonus link).  It was insanity.  The song's in 7/4 time (I love off-the-wall meter) and just synthed out fun.  Probably my favorite track on The Age of Adz, although there are several others to rival it.  And I just now saw the music video for the first time; it's psychedelic in its own right:




"Maybe I talk too fast, maybe I talk too much,
give me the sensitive laugh, or give me the sensitive touch;
even if I could have kissed, even if I could be the blind,
I'm so sorry I tried, love, I want to see it..."



BONUS: Live on Fallon (or, the acid trip video.  not that I'm recommending that, just that I'd imagine this performance is what an acid trip might be like...)


EDIT (12-19-11) it seems the Fallon video has been stricken from the Internet - let me know if you find it, but I couldn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment