Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-1-11 - "The Cave" ~ Mumford and Sons

New year, new beginnings, new blog.  I'm going to start off with a hopeful song, to go with the traditional themes of a new year.  Mumford & Sons pretty much came out of nowhere this year (well, London), and took the world (well, the lucky ones who were privileged to hear their album) by storm.  "Sigh No More" is a strong candidate for my 2010 album of the year.  It's impossible to single out a favorite from the album, and you'll definitely see more of them on this blog, but for now, "The Cave" fits pretty well and should start us out on the right foot:


"The Cave" ~ Mumford and Sons


"'Cause I need freedom now,
and I need to know how
to live my life as it's meant to be;

And I will hold on hope,

and I won't let you choke
on the noose around your neck...

And I'll find strength in pain,
and I will change my ways,
I'll know my name as it's called again..." 












[an administrative note, seeing as this is the first ASOD post]


I tend to link YouTube videos, and when possible, will select an official source and the album recording or music video (although sometimes those have additions which may alter the experience).  If a live version is particularly epic or the only thing available, that may be what you get.  My intent is always to draw attention to songs deserving of such, and I'll try to stay true to the artists to the best of my ability.



No comments:

Post a Comment