Sunday, November 20, 2011

11-20-11 - "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" ~ Flight of the Conchords

Sometimes art imitates life.  Sometimes life is funny.  Sometimes music is art.  Ergo, sometimes music is funny.  Craig Ferguson and I present you with the inventors of hip-hop, "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo", Flight of the Conchords:





And here's the "music video" from their HBO TV series:



"They call me the Hiphopopotamus
my lyrics are bottomless...
...
...
...
...they call me the Hiphopopotamus
flows that glow like phosphorous
poppin’ off the top of this esophagus
rockin’ this metropolis
no, I’m not a large water-dwelling mammal
where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
did Steve tell you that, perchance?
Steve...."

No comments:

Post a Comment