Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2-9-11 - "Don't Fight It" ~ The Panics

Here's one from an Aussie band.  It's been in my head all day.  A simple, keyboard-driven verse/chorus with some horns dropped in for the tail end, it's just a catchy groove.  But there's more to it than that... the singer grapples with apathy, with giving in to the path of least resistance, going with the flow, joining the rat race, being overcome by the brainwashing of society and allowing himself to become just another zombie, going through the motions of life and believing the illusion that happiness is found in being just like everyone else.  He knows he's contributed to the problem, but he struggles to find the willpower to break free.  Yet he hasn't given up hope; the bridge shows he's still searching for answers and escape from the apathy...




"Where has my light gone?
Where has my fight gone?
What keeps us burning

when the fire is long gone?
When I can't relate 
to that voice without a face,
should I be afraid or
is it just a voice I did create?"

No comments:

Post a Comment