Saturday, February 19, 2011

2-19-11 - "Must Have Done Something Right" ~ Relient K

I've been having a pretty awesome weekend so far, so I think a pretty upbeat and ridiculously happy song is in order.  I've gone a month and a half without featuring one of my favorite bands, Relient K, so it's high time we get a dose of their infectious pop-punk pop-culture-laced stylings, chock full of harmonies rivaling the Beach Boys.  I've heard this song described as "inane", and maybe it is, but maybe that doesn't matter when you meet a girl that makes you feel this way (no, that wasn't part of my awesome weekend... so far, anyway!)


Lead singer Matt Thiessen said, "It's not a political commentary or a tear jerking emotion-piece, it's just a feel good, fun song. Written at 3 a.m. with a smirk on my face, the song turned out to be something that you can tap your foot and smile to."  It's just an expression of love and joy, and oh by the way there's some footie action in the video.  woo!


(If you're not familiar with Relient K, they do have some more serious and poignant songs to contrast their fun and silly fare; you should definitely check them out.)




"We should get jerseys,
'Cause we make a good team..."


No comments:

Post a Comment