Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2-8-11 - "I Get Around" ~ The Beach Boys

Some winter days make me feel like posting a nice, mellow wintry song.  But tonight I'm feeling like some surf rock.  So here's a classic:




And the audio isn't as good on this live performance, but it's well worth watching as well:


I Get Around - live performance (sorry, video won't embed)




I love the fact that one of the coolest bands of the 60s was actually really nerdy (look at the head bobbing and clapping, and the matching striped shirts) - my kind of guys.  Not a lot of the Beach Boys' material is very deep, but they were masters of light, fun songs and (up to) five-part harmonies.  Great music for a road trip, a summer's day, a winter's day, or any day that just hasn't been going your way.


"oooo
Wah wa ooo
Wah wa ooo
Wah wa ooo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment