Monday, February 21, 2011

2-21-11 - "Three Rounds And A Sound" ~ Blind Pilot

So here's something I've learned over the years - certain TV shows have a knack for using awesome songs in their soundtracks.  The WB / CW network figured out a long time ago that by cross-promoting, they could make both the artists and the shows more popular, and have used it to their advantage on numerous shows.  And of course the other networks do it too.


One of the few shows I watch these days is Chuck.  Perfect blend of drama, comedy, nerdiness, and - guess what - a pretty rockin' soundtrack.  If it weren't for Chuck, I might never have heard this song.  But I did hear it, and it's just beautiful.  


It's open to interpretation, but I'm pretty sure it's a mostly positive love song, spanning various points in a relationship, and looking at a lifelong, ever deepening love.


(only live versions on youtube; check grooveshark or go buy it for the studio recording)




"Soil and six feet under
kept just like we were
before you knew you'd know me
and you know me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment