Friday, January 20, 2012

1-20-12 - "Somebody That I Used To Know" ~ Walk Off The Earth

Normally I try to avoid using covers as posts, but this one is just incredible.  Plus I've had a rough week with work and such and haven't posted, and I'm minutes away from a much-needed crash and burn marathon sleep session, so a quick one with limited need for deep, insightful commentary was needed.


Walk Off The Earth won the internet with this YouTube video two weeks ago; you've probably already seen it, but if not, watch it now before you're the last person on earth not to.  Seriously, it had something like 800,000 videos when I first saw it, and exploded to several million within like a day.  31 million views in 15 days - almost 2M / day.  I believe that's what you kids refer to as "going viral"...


The gimmick is that it features five people playing one guitar, but man do they legitimize it.  The arrangement is stellar, the voices gritty and true, and the dude on the right is so hardcore you won't be able to stand it.  


The band does lots of covers (pretty much all of them are amazing) but also has their own tunes, so check them out further if you like this:




 Here's the original, btw. 

"But you didn't have to cut me off
make out like it never happened and that we were nothing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment