Saturday, December 10, 2011

12-10-11 - "God And Money" ~ The Ike Reilly Assassination

One I heard on the radio today.  It's nothing groundbreaking musically, though it is catchy enough and pleasant in your aural cavities.  The lyrics are what grabbed me, though.  A son questions his mother's ethical teachings, wondering whether her current lifestyle belies a sordid past.  Despite his suspicions of a "do as I say, not as I have done" upbringing, he seems apologetic for times he's failed to live up to her wishes for him.  Or maybe I'm getting it wrong.  Let me know what you think:


"Do the darkest dance and puke upon your memory
and trample on your evil ways
stand up to your darkest days
twist around the things you say
stomp upon your gazing face
spit into your fading gaze..."

No comments:

Post a Comment