Thursday, December 8, 2011

12-08-11 - "Heavy" ~ Collective Soul

When I decided to post a Collective Soul song tonight, I could have gotten cute again and picked "December"... but I didn't.  This song is pretty heavy (sorry, had to be done), dealing with an overbearing relationship.  Pretty straightforward lyrically; you won't get much exposition from me tonight.


The song is a great example of late '90s / early '00s rock, and sounds excellent through a good set of speakers where the stereo effects can fully hit you.  Also, here's a kinda cool acoustic version performed in the desert in Morocco:


(look for other tracks performed similarly in Morocco... good stuff!)


And here's the studio recording:



"Hold me up to those whom you've deceived
promises you break you still believe…"

No comments:

Post a Comment